Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Flashback..5000miles apart

I was looking through some old pictures and i came across this Photo. When Jon PCSd back to the States the only communication we really had was the Internet. Thank god for todays technology!! We spent 19 months apart and saw each other in May 2009 for 1 week, October 2009 for 2weeks (When we got married) and March 2010 for 2 weeks until i immigrated in July 2010. It was always such a great feeling to see my Love on webcam. The only thing that sucked was the 7 hour time difference. The time on this pic was 2.55am my time hench why im in my bed wearing Jons T-shirt looking a little rough lol. There were nights i would fall asleep and Jon wanted me to keep the webcam on so he could watch me sleeping. Its strange but it made me feel closer to him when i would see him on the webcam. Internet and webcams are great because it gives so many spouses and children the opportunity to see their loved ones when they are deployed. I remember when my dad got deployed him and my mum had to communicate through letters that took forever and a day and the odd phone call which pretty much always got cut off. Im a little old fashioned and love writing letters too and even did so while me and Jon were apart.

7 comments:

TexaGermaFinlaNadian said...

I can't even imagine being apart that long. What doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger, right?! :) Cute pics!

Calla said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Now I'm here to check out yours :) Isn't it amazing what technology we have these days?! And what's even crazier is that people had to live without webcams, Skype, e-mail, etc. not all that long ago! And I thought my hubby being on a different continent for 6 weeks without me was tough! Makes me fully appreciate every minute and realize how much "worse" it could be. You must be one strong woman!

Rebecca said...

Awww this takes me back to all the deployments and the rare webcam highlights - ahhh the life! I surely enjoy seeing boy's face whenever I want now!

Rebecca said...

I just wanted to stop in and say hello! I found your blog through Lynnette's Blog Party. I really enjoyed reading your posts. As a soldier in the US Army myself, it's always interesting to hear army life from the point of view of a spouse. I'm sure my husband would appreciate me hearing his side of the story.
Have a great week!
Rebecca
http://lifeingarrison.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

:) this is such a sweet post!
:) being apart is madness ...
you're a romantic like me ... i love it!

Anonymous said...

AWWW this pics are too cute :)
makes me wanna see my man i think his cam worked the last time for around 2 weeks. this much sucks the internet down range..
ohwell lucky for phonecalls lol.

Anonymous said...

Nice post...The weeks me and my love are apart look short compare to the long months you had to go through.....All the new technologies are amazing and helping thousands of couple / families who have to endure the separation.......
Happy it is a memory?!